Scientific Services Manager
Children’s Cancer Institute
11:40 AM CASE STUDY: Revolutionizing Modern Research Efficiency and Outcomes through the Convergence of Research and Clinical Facilities
The Children’s Cancer Institute was delighted to be one of the recipients of the ground breaking $6 million investments from the State Government into paediatrics medical research. Laboratory researchers and clinical scientists now work together in partnership to discover new treatments Translational research facilities will be the future research facilities and a driving force behind world-leading breakthroughs. In this session, Kiri Collins will explore the challenges and opportunities of translational research facilities.
- What is translational research?
- Assess the layout of integrated research and clinical facilities and their impact on research outcomes
- Integrating mechanical systems in translational research facilities and their challenges
- Ensuring flexibility in design to accommodate changes and lack of space
- Explore Pinch Points as resolutions for increased capacity