Professor Graham GallowayChief Executive Officer
National Imaging Facility
The Australian National Imaging Facility (NIF) was one of the four initiative projects established under the National Collaborativ Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS). It is a $130 million project that provides state-ofthe- art imaging capability to 26 of the best and most passionate scientists and the Australian Scientific Community. Professor Graham Galloway is the Chief Executive Officer of the NIF and strongly recognizes the need for a multidisciplinary nature of research and national collaboration. In this session, he will share his knowledge and expertise in building a national research infrastructure.
- Developing the best strategies to reduce duplication, maximize utilization and optimize functionality
- The Philosophy: Why you need a whole ecosystem and not just the people who run the equipment to ensure the highest quality of research facilities
- Establishing better practice for data management is critical!
- Evaluating the national collaborative research infrastructures’ successes and challenges
This is a time of exciting and accelerating change in the world. Remarkable discoveries are continually made everyday and our future’s prosperity and well being are dependent on such discoveries.
The best research is not only characterised by strong frameworks but support structures to ensure the highest quality. It is about building an eco-system around your research facility.
Understanding and building a structure of what you want to achieve is just as vital as building research infrastructures. Learn to develop the best proposals around the type of research facility you want with Professor Graham Galloway in this workshop. Secure your future now!
- Strategies to build a whole eco-system around your research facility?
- Developing the right proposal around the type of research facility you want
- Operational Efficiency: understanding ethics, considerations and compliance
- Measuring the physical and virtual components needed