Research Facility Manager
3:00 PM Shaping Collaboration Zones and Supportive Environments to Attract, Motivate and Retain Researchers
Contemporary facilities are trending toward open-space plans to cultivate a collaborative culture and encourage a cohesive research community. However, the transition for researchers to move from non-shared facilities into a new integrated learning space can prove challenging. This session will focus on programs and activities set to encourage a collaborative culture where researchers are motivated to thrive in their area of expertise.
- Addressing cultural changes with innovative features where scientist converge and thrive.
- Adding collaboration zones to encourage trans-disciplinary discussions which could spark new discoveries and exchange of ideas
- Doing more with less –philanthropic activities to increase researcher productivity without depending on the facility’s budget
3:40 PM CHAMPAGNE ROUNDTABLE: Reducing Facility Footprint: Plan for Energy Efficiency to Prepare for the Rising Cost of Energy
The rise of energy costs is a concern that transcends all industries in Australia and is no exception to the Research Facilities and Infrastructure. Many systems are integrated into the building to reduce energy consumption when unoccupied however maintaining the air quality and eliminating hazardous odours add to the maintenance costs. This panel discussion will focus on:
- Strategies to reduce consumption of water, heat, lighting and other energy-consuming activities when space is unoccupied
- Approaches to energy-wise installations within existing infrastructure
- Benchmarking with international sustainability codes and standards to encourage ideas to Australia’s energy consumption