Program Director (Renewables: Wind & Marine)
Nanyang Technology University
7:30 AM (Morning Workshop): Competency Development through an Open Innovation Platform to Enhance Research Partnerships
Today, the perspective on managing research and development processes has shifted from a technology-centred model to a more interaction-focused view that is based on an “open innovation based collaborative network”.
New generation R&D processes as practiced by Nanyang Technology University have integrated open innovation to improve efficient delivery of innovative research while keeping costs low. The open innovation platform can be achieved by engaging research partners from various segments of the value chain and promote open discussion through a collaborative network.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to develop competencies to transfer sustainable and efficient research from the lab through to market delivery.
- How to promote open discussion that will leverage technology, researcher capabilities and supply chain creation to promote technology maturation and scaling needs
- Setting up a collaborative network to attract join industry research program
- Practical R&D Models and SWOT analyses to build specific competencies for your facility management
- Metrics to measure ROI and change management success
10:00 AM International Case Study (Singapore): Creating Living Laboratories to Drive Innovation Within a Limited Laboratory Space
This presentation aims to share the barriers to technology commercialisation and how test bedding technologies through a joint collaborative framework helps to mature the technology towards specific application needs. To elucidate the framework, two case studies of joint collaboration will be shared to promote energy efficiency and alternative energy technologies towards smart city needs.
In this session, we will look at:
- The setup of a living lab within the existing infrastructure to maximise use of equipment in a cost-effective way
- Cooperation design plan and stakeholder participations that drove successful collaboration within the laboratory
- The process in setting up a joint collaborative network involving tech industries, government and research institutions through a triple helix framework
- The adoption of a shared cost model with minimal investment risk